Let's start out by defining what an entrepreneur really is. According to Investopedia, an entrepreneur is an individual who creates a new business, bearing most of the risk and enjoying most of the rewards.
Entrepreneurs play a key role in the economy. We need the skills and initiative for successful businesses in order to provide jobs in the workforce and bring new ideas into the marketplace. So why am I talking about this? Well, if you are not already an entrepreneur or have been toying with the idea, stop and read this.
Let me just say YOU CAN. Don't deny yourself the unimaginable possibilities by worrying to much about the risk. What risks? Let's dive into the top 5 general steps that most successful entrepreneurs have followed:
1. Financial stability. Ensure that you have it! Starting out with an adequate cash supply is necessary.
2. Build a diverse skill set. Build skills that can be used in the "real world".
3. Spreading content across multiple channels. Utilize social media platforms. Start out basic and build upon the platforms.
4. Identify a problem to solve. What is there a need for in the area you are planning to do business?
5. Fulfill that need. Let me say that again: Fulfill that need.
It's okay to take risks. As a matter of fact, it is necessary to take risks. If not, we would still be running around in a prehistoric time period. One of my favorite sayings is "What if I fail? Oh, darling, what if you fly?"
Spread your wings and fly!